ShoutOUT is a full-featured messaging app with voice addressing and dictation. Speak your text messages and see the results in seconds—there's no faster way to create and send messages.
ShoutOUT allows you to send and receive text messages at your convenience, and is especially useful when you're on the go, and don't have two free hands for typing.
ShoutOUT for Version Brew is fully integrated into the phone's messaging service. It includes:
- Voice addressing
- Discussions threaded by recipient
- Inbox and Outbox
- Pop-up notification of new messages
- Single-button launch of ShoutOUT
- High accuracy speech recognition
- Fully automated, real-time transcription—see text results in seconds
- Onboard voice addressing that integrates to your contact list—your contact list is never uploaded to a server
- SmartWord™ editing—see alternatives to transcribed text
- Speakable punctuation—just say "exclamation point" or "question mark"
How much does ShoutOUT cost?
ShoutOUT costs $2.99 a month, and is billed by Verizon through your phone bill. The $2.99 monthly subscription fee allows you to use ShoutOUT without limits, as often as you like. If you choose to delete ShoutOUT from your phone, the subscription fee will discontinue and no further costs will occur.
How accurate is ShoutOUT?
ShoutOUT is based on state-of-the-art speech recognition technology, optimized for North American English. For best results, hold the phone 3 to 6 inches from your mouth, and speak in a clear, normal voice. Avoid background noise, and note that recognition of unusual proper names can be difficult.
What about privacy?
ShoutOUT speech recognition is fully automated and learns over time—the transcription that appears on your handset is created with no human intervention whatsoever. ShoutOUT does not upload your contacts to any server.